Thursday, September 17, 2009

Can't wait for baby Ryan's arrival

We are counting down the days until Ryan's arrival. I have less than a month until my due date. This Sunday I will be 37 weeks pregnant. My doctor thinks that I will go early and have him sometime in my 37th week, but only time will tell. I have been having lots of contractions for the past couple of months and a couple of scares of possible pre-term labor. I am just happy that I made it this far, as 37 weeks is considered full-term. As of now I am 3 cm dilated, 75% effaced, and he has dropped, which is basically a bunch of technical terms to say I am ready to pop any second now. I am farther along then some people who are in actual labor. We finally got all our bags packed and I think we are pretty much ready anytime now. Although I can't wait to meet him and I am getting uncomfortable, I wouldn't mind if he waited a little longer to make his arrival so I know he will be born as healthy as can be.

Here is a pic of me 36 weeks pregnant with Doug and Adam at my sister Erin's 30th b-day party last weekend...
Last week my Mom, my sisters, and my grandparents decided to surprise me by bringing me dinner and some gifts for Ryan. It was a nice surprise, here are the gifts...
On Sunday, my friends decided to give me a surprise baby shower at Olive Garden. It was great!! They are such a great group of friends and I really appreciate the support and friendship that I have with them. Here are some pics from the shower...

They even gave Adam a big brother basket of gifts. I am waiting until Ryan's arrival to give them to him, so he will have some fun new stuff to entertain him.
Here is the beautiful cake, it was chocolate with a whipped, creamy icing... Very Yummy!!


3 comments:

Christina said...

You look great Laura! That was so nice of your friends to give you a surprise shower. You're very lucky to have such a great group of mommy friends and such a great support network! Hugs to you!

dkamfam said...

Glad you enjoyed the shower! I hope that Ryan stays in there as long as he needs to, but not too long! Keep taking it easy. You must be so excited!

LoveLladro said...

We had a great time planning it! Can't wait to meet baby Ryan! (well we can wait as long as necessary for a healthy little boy ;~)